Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Evolution of a Room: Part 3

A few weeks ago I Instagramed this photo:
I was so excited when I brought my new bike home I had to put it up and show it to the world!
I love having pictures and art hanging on the walls in our home, it makes it feel so much more homey and ours. I have a hard time with plain blank walls...
I have plans to make a washi tape frame around the bike but until I find a tape that I like or actually start looking for tape, I just used regular old masking tape on the back side and taped it in several different spots to make sure it stayed up.
I have plans to hang more things in here (that means you characacher!) but so far this is what I've got and there are also plans in my head for lighting but that will have to wait a little bit as well.
I am very happy with the makeover my bed received. Thanks to Christmas and my hubby for getting me the duvet I wanted. I was happy to see this duvet cover on my way out of JCP while Christmas shopping one night. I love the colors and pattern and the price was too good to pass up, I didn't know I would get the duvet for Christmas so that was a very happy surprise and a wonderful Christmas morning!

For those of you that are interested here is my source list for bedding and bike:
I have a really hard time spending a lot of money on anything so this whole room makeover was super duper inexpensive, like less then 100 bucks!

Art:
Bike print from CaravanShoppe
Printed at Staples with a 40% off code.

Bedding:
Sheets at JCPenny similar here (and on sale)
Duvet Cover at JCPenny clearance (no longer available)
Duvet at Overstock.com here 
I love the new colors going on in here now and I can't wait to add more stuff to make this room feel even more ours. It is evolving into a space that I love!


1 comment:

Thanks for the comment love! YOU ROCK!