Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Witches Hats!

I am so excited to share with everyone what I have been working on all month! I wanted to do a fun project that I could give to all the nieces and nephews for Halloween. I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to do. I was reading along on Carrie's Blog one day and found this great post! She does a photo tutorial on how she created this adorable witches hat!
If you would like to know how click HERE!
Well I started working on this project at the beginning of the month. I spent one Saturday morning cutting everything out and scoring all my hats. I have 9 that I wanted to make so I had a lot to cut. Carrie used this great punch for the buckle and it looks so cute! Unfortunately I do not have that punch so I had to cut all of mine out by hand. This was probably what took the longest out of everything.
I started with a plain black hat. Then I stamped Candy Corn on the green paper and punched out stars from that. They turned out so cute! Next I added the belt and buckle. I punched a hole using my cropadile in the top to thread the ribbon through. Then it was time to fill them!
I filled them with Starbursts, Dum Dums, Chrunch Bars and Twix! MMMMMMM
After all the candy was in I got this great purple and green ribbon to close them with! The boys got the Green and the girls got Purple ribbon. Then I realized I needed a tag so I stamped my saying on white paper. Then stamped the spider web over the top as a background.
They turned out super cute! The boys were mounted on Green paper and then purple. The girls were mounted on Purple and then Green. They all turned out so cute!! The color in the picture is a little distorted, the ribbon really is purple, not blue :)
They look so much better in real life! After they were all completed it was time for shipping!! 4 of the kids do not live in our area so I got to send them in the mail!
I was told they would arrive today!! We will see! I got to give out 3 of them yesterday and everyone was so excited! I'm so happy with how they all turned out! I love Halloween and I hope everyone enjoys theirs!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! YOU ROCK!