Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies: a Recipe

This is a post from the archives. I wrote this a few years ago and never published it so I decided now is the perfect time to post it! (sorry for the dark photos, at the time I thought it looked good hahaha)
Cookies!!!
Who doesn't love a good cookie? So I had an afternoon to whip up a few, like 6 dozen! Wow, I didn't realize the recipe I was following was a double batch of the original so I made like a ton of these bad boys!

Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda & salt.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer beat brown sugar, sugar & butter.
Add eggs one at a time and vanilla.
Slowly add dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfuls or use cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 21 minutes (depending on your oven).

They are so yummy and delicious!
There were so many I didn't know where to put them all! I need to invest in a dang cookie jar, one that won't let the air in so they don't get all hard. That's one thing I hate about cookie jars.... 
yummmm
Enjoy!

What have you been baking lately?

2 comments:

  1. These look tasty! Hey, I don't see any contact info on your site but wanted to let you know you won our CD giveaway! Email us your mailing address and we'll ship your goods asap. lollyjane@gmail.com THANKS (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! YOU ROCK!