Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FFA Challenge #1

I decided to join a club! FFA over at Vintage Revivals.
So for the FIRST CHALLENGE:
Catch A Dream
Today you get to write about YOUR personality traits. What are some of your favorite things about yourself?
And decide how you want your home to feel.

I think my favorite trait about myself is that I am a happy person and always positive. That is how I want my home to feel; happy, cheerful and welcome to anyone. I want to feel a positive energy when you walk through the door but calming and peaceful as well. I am unique and not afraid to be daring which is reflected in the way I dress and the fact that my hair style/color changes with the seasons.
I wish I had the same confidence when I decorate my home because I do not want my home decor to look safe and boring I want to take risks and be daring. I am so ready to get away from the safe dull colors I am surrounded by now. I love bright bold patterns and colors but you wouldn't know it by walking into my home and it's starting to drive me nuts! I live in an apartment which can be very restricting when it comes to decorating, I can't even put a hole in the wall to hang a photo. This place also has about zero storage; so that has been a hard battle to fight. I hope these challenges can be a catalyst in helping me break free from the decorating rut I am in.
This challenge already was awesome in helping me work through my foggy brain to find out what I really want!
I hope this blog can be a resource for other apartment dwellers just like me wishing they had their very own walls to splatter paint at. But alas; the walls will stay forever cream...... and it's not the end of the world, there are plenty of other things I can do to make this place awesomely mine! I hope you stay with me for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! YOU ROCK!