Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

My favorite cookies: a Recipe

I try to bake something at least once a week and I like to try new things each time. But when you get that craving for your favorite cookies you just have to pull out the oats and get baking! These are my most favorite cookies in the world, nothing tops these yummy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk!
Oatmeal Spice Cookies

In a small bowl combine:
1 C Flower
½tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
½tsp Nutmeg

In a stand mixer add:
¾C Brown Sugar
¾C Chocolate Chips
½C Sugar
3 C Oatmeal
¾ C Butter, softened
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla extract

Gradually add in flour mixture.
Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 mins.
Enjoy with milk!

Make them and enjoy them, they are wonderful!

I was also able to make a few cards this week.
A friend of mine got married last week and so I made a card for them. 
The colors on their wedding invitation were lavender, white and black. Unfortunately I don't have anything lavender at all so I just went with a classic Black and White card. I hope they like it!
I'm so glad I have this wedding stamp set, I've been able to really wear it out this year!

My Uncle's birthday is today so I made him a card this weekend and sent if off in the mail. Boy cards are really hard for me to make. I don't have a lot of stamp sets that are boy and I love to use ribbon which isn't very manly. I think this one turned out really great though even with the ribbon.
The simpler you keep things I think the better when it comes to masculine cards. The over embellishment is what makes them look so girlie I think.
But boys still like the detail you put into a card and appreciate the time and effort to make something just for them. I hope he likes this one!

Until next time.... happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! YOU ROCK!